Started this website way back in 2001, with a few pages in yahoo gecoities. As I grew up, the website also grew up in time and since 2004 I’ve been hosting independently. Idea behind this website is to use it as a portal for environmental, entertainment & educational purposes.
Content & Copyright
Almost all the content on this website are own original designs, from the graphics, photographs, cartoons to the write-ups and poetry. Even those cormorants you see on the top image were photographed from Kerala! Several utilities have been helpful in creating them, of which I wish to mention a few significant in Other Credits.
This website is basically structured on the weblog software WordPress, which uses php & html. Several themes and hacks have been added to this structure, from various sources. The final theme and templates you see are own designs. The graphics, cartoons etc were mostly edited using Adobe Photoshop, an image editing software. The content in Malayalam and other Indian languages were edited using baraha, a mult-lingual editor. JAlbum, a web photo album software, helped in organizing the nature photographs as a beautiful gallery. The genealogy section is powered by The Next Generation genealogy sitebuilding (TNG) scripts, which is commercially available.
Nikon D80 + Tamron SP AF 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro Lens + Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical Lens + Tamron SP AF 200-500mm f/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) Zoom Lens.
Olympus C770 UZ + Olympus TCON-17 Zoom Lens + Olympus MCON-40 Macro Lens.
Structure of the website
On the top navigation bar are the links,
- Activities Social activities and related research based on adoption in India and AIDS.
- PhotographyIncludes sections on:
- Nature Photographs of birds, insects, marine life from India, Japan and Italy
- Other Photographs from India, Japan and Italy
- Photographic articles on this websites
- Compilation of some photographs from my old site. mostly people and abstract images.
- Poems on love, nostalgia and whatever. Poems and write-ups from when I was at school to a grown up young man.
- Hand Embroidery. Hand Embroidery tutorials by Sarah, with instructions and illustrations.
- മലയാളം ബൂലോഗം. ബൂലോഗം = ബ്ളോഗ് + ലോകം. boologam = blog + lokam‚ as in the lingo used by malayalam bloggers. Please check http://www.rocksea.org/malayalam-unicode for rendering malayalam characters (including koottaksharangal and chillaksharangal) properly.
- Roots. The family tree. Genealogy of a Kerala Christian Family.
- Misc. About the website, our resumes and the rest of rocksea.org